Many of you have been following along with our fairly new homeschool journey.
(to read more about our journey click HERE)
It has not always been easy. Nor has it always turned out the way I thought it would.
(to read more on our challenges click HERE)
Nor am I naive to believe that homeschooling is the catch all answer for every moral issue that plagues your child or family...if only life was that simple!?
However, it has been a real overall positive growing experience :)
So, even with all the challenges of homeschool, why say it was a good experience?
The REAL benefits of homeschooling are not solely academic...
The REAL benefit lies in the way it changes your family dynamics and promotes an overall deeper family relationship. The way it helps us become more Christ-like.
Here are FIVE reasons I can say the last two years have been a real investment of my life:
- My children are learning to work together. Not perfect, no...not by any means! But real co-operation on projects, chores, school work assignments and during play. (see our our typical day)
- I have gained greater access to our children's hearts. Hearing them share their thoughts about their daily lives is something I have experienced more than ever before.
- They have developed better problem solving skills, as they have taken on greater responsibilities within the home & with their school work. I am sure this was happening as well in their school, however I didn't get the opportunity to see it up close, or be able to come alongside & encourage them in it.
- Since they usually finish their work in less time than regular school hours, there is ample time for recreation & 'fun' study! Reading, playing games, building forts, running races, make-believe...all done together :)
- Our family is growing up together. Going through normal life stages & experiences together! For example: since baby's arrival, it has been a natural chance for my four other children to see how babies develop.. up close! (see how busyness is balanced in our home HERE)
How about you? Ever thought that homeschooling might be the route for you?
I am working on a really HUGE, GIGANTIC round-up post right now....you don't want to miss it! "Considering Homeschool?" will feature many well-known bloggers sharing their personal experiences homeschooling. It will give you a great sample of what homeschooling may entail. Please subscribe so you do NOT miss out!!!
Did you miss any of these posts?
***and PLEASE don't forget to take a quick second to show some bloggy love! With much thanks :)